As thousands of our state’s health care professionals continue their efforts responding to the COVID-19 public health crisis, many are facing issues of increased stress and burnout.
The Texas Medical Board thanks you all for what you do keeping Texans healthy. TMB would like to share some resources to help licensees manage their mental health and well-being during these challenging times.
- Texas Medical Association – Physician Health Topics
- American Medical Association – Managing mental health during COVID-19
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) – COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line & Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – COVID-19 Stress & Coping Resources
- American Psychiatric Association – Well-being Resources
- National Academy of Medicine – Clinician Well-being Strategies & Resources
- Mental Health America – COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) – First Responders and Disaster Responders Resource Portal
- Physician Support Line – a support line available for physicians during the COVID-19 pandemic. The line offers free confidential peer support telehealth by volunteer psychiatrists.
If you or someone you know needs help, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (En Español: 1-888-628-9454; Deaf and Hard of Hearing: 1-800-799-4889) or the Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741.